Sunday, March 9, 2008

Whew!

It's been a long week. Here's Sunday night, quiet and peaceful. Laura's taken her final trip upstairs for toilet paper, and the meds have kicked in to put her to sleep for the next four hours or so. I often debate whether I should used this time to do what I want to do, uninterrupted or if I should get some uninterrupted sleep. I usually split it up. I have been down in the sewing room tonight, working on Melinda's wedding quilt. It's going to be pretty. It has a lot of pieces in it and at first a quilt like that is hard to keep working on, as the results are not that rewarding, but now it's taking a form and pattern that is visible. The colors are blue, tan and yellow with green accents. Melinda saw some of the blocks and she really liked it. Because it is taking so long to make the top, I think the trade-off will be that it will be machine quilted instead of hand. Then it will be finished for her wedding. While I was sewing, I first listened to a session of General Conference from last October. I miss President Hinckley. Hearing his voice was good. Then I had about an hour of Bach, then a little Mozart. After that I heard the history of Athens and Sparta, and now I am listening to the arguements between Plato and Socrates in "The Republic." Actually, now, I am blogging. But that's about to end 'cause I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Mom, I have to tell you, I really enjoy reading this stuff. I'm glad that you are writing it.