Friday, March 21, 2008

I found it

I decided that I was going to sort my office out, paper by paper, and I am pretty close. In the last three days I have gone through all the binders on my top four shelves in the closet, and three shelves in my bookcase. I still have a few to go, but while I was sorting, i was also backing up my pictures, folder by folder, onto CD's. I have them backed up on an external hard drive, too, but I wanted them in neat little boxes so I can access them easily and make copies as needed. About the next to the last binder I opened, there it was. Laura's life. I was so relieved, and as I went throught the pages I found some really important stuff that I didn't even remember was in it. So there you have it. Part of me feels remorseful that I suspected that Laura ditched the book, and part of me feels glad I wasn't sure it was her. Actually in the past she has taken a binder out of my office and emptied it to use for her own puposes, but not this time. For some reason the binder was mixed up with some genealogy binders all the same color, but in a totally different spot than i normally keep it. Don't ask me how it happened. I just want to remind all my family that when i start losing my mind, (officially) my wish is to just quietly be packed off to a nice care center and don't worry about me. sometimes I think it might be sooner than I imagined.

2 comments:

jmccarron said...

sure glad that binder turned up for you.

Turbo said...

Phew! We lost our camera charger. I was totally positive that Reagan had left it at the hospital, because I had a policy that it never left the house, and she brought it around occasionally anyway. So we were about to buy a new one and I found it in my jacket pocket on the way to church one day. Whoops!