Saturday, March 15, 2008

Genfest Computer Conference

tonight i was driving back from Provo where I have been attending a 2-day conference on computerized genealogy, thinking about all I wanted to blog about. The conference was awesome. The hardest part was to pick what classes to take, cuz that meant I would miss some others. It seems like I was "led" through the labrinyth of choices, though, and they built on each other, providing important and timely information for me, especially focusing on digitally organizing the paper chase. After I "lost" my reference book for all of Laura's life, I decided that I am going through each piece of paper in my office and determining what to do with it all. If I ever do get that book back, I will be scanning all the pages so I can keep an e-copy of the whole thing. Good idea, huh. Well anyway, the thoughts that were with me on the way home have since left, but i thought I would blog anyway. Oh, Wally and I met Thomas' parents Friday night and they are about as nice a people as they make anymore. Susan (his mom) injected me with energy and enthusiam about preparing for Mel's wedding. It's all good. Also something else good. Dr. John saw Kelton (with a busted ear drum) Friday late afternoon with no appointment and took care of him, just for love, not money. What a great friend he is.

No comments: