Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ah, ummm, where am I?

This afternoon I went to grab the binder which has all of Laura's life in it (correspondence from SSI, Medicare, School, Doctor, Therapist, records of all phone calls concerning her, who I talked to, dates, etc etc etc) and it wasn't there. No worries, I said to myself, you moved it to the desk, the other spot it goes. Hmm, not on the desk. Hunting, hunting, hunting . . . about 2 hours later and an ocean of frustrated angry tears I gave up. I even called the school and had the aide do a locker and backpack sweep of Laura's places. No book. Well, it's gone. Probably at the landfill, just as I predicted last blog--that's where it all ends up anyway, especially if you live with Laura. Part of me feels guilty for blaming her and part of me feels confident she ditched it. After I realized it was truely gone, I got super-disoriented as the enormity of what has happened to me really hit. I don't have copies, it was all super-organized in the book. The whole reason i was looking for it was to get her Dr. phone # and talk about meds. she is becoming more and more agitated lately and I don't want any broken windows or stuff. I found the number to call, and got a message that she has quit her practice. Now I'm really dizzy and I can't even remember how to open a file on my computer. hlephlep!

5 comments:

Turbo said...

Yikes that does sound like a tough situation. I hope that it works out. Hopefully the binder is just misplaced.

Turbo said...

BTW, I like the new layout! It looks great.

Mimi, that one girl said...

WHAT!?!?! That is awful about Laura's paperwork at least it wasn't Laura who ended up in a landfill

snotnose said...

Sometimes after I throw up I feel better.

Sarah Jane M said...

Did you look in the trash? Remember when I told her she could not come with us until she found her CD player and she went and dug it out of the trash? Does she know what you keep in there? It seem like a strange thing for her to notice/care about. Maybe it will still turn up.