Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The one thing we can always count on is change

The tender mercy of the day yesterday was that I didn't go to choir--it was an extra rehersal, and I had been cold all day, so I chose to wrap up in a blanket and put on a sweater and read instead of going out, hence, I dodged a bullet. Well, not entirely, it nicked my heart but I didn't die from it. Craig Jessop resigned from choir. At the end of rehersal, which Mack Wilburg conducted, Craig read a letter of resignation, and now he's finished. Cheri Ringger my choir friend noticed I was absent and called me on the way home with the news. I am grateful for the thirteen years of tutelage I have had under his baton. The wild ride put wind in my hair as we have been flying from one experience to the next, witness to the blessings and the hand of the Lord directing the path. I will miss Craig, especially tomorrow night at rehearsal when he's absent, and I imagine a lot during conference next month. I cried a little today, when I wrote him and his wife a thank-you letter, and when Sam, Eddie and my sister Joy expressed sympathy. but I think I am going to be okay. I guess now I know that I am committed to the choir and not just the conductor. There were times when I wondered. We aren't supposed to blog about the choir, but since Craig resigned, I guess it's not really about the choir anymore.

1 comment:

jmccarron said...

Glad to see you blogging again, sorry about the melancholy news.