Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crystal Blue Persuasion

Check out the cutest little man on the planet, loving the egg hunt on Saturday.
Busy time last week with Easter concerts and such. Sunday when it's all history Wally and I napped. He slept on the bed, then woke up and moved to the couch, put the remote in his hand and fell asleep before he even started his surfing. I was reading and finished my book and went downstairs and stared out at the empty backyard.
There are two new dog owners this weekend--Cora, a cute little lady in Friendship Manor up by the U and my sister Annalee. I am in process of fixing up the backyard, and I know that dogs don't fit into the equation, so I just got proactive and listed them in the paper. Laura's fine with it all. She commented to me this morning with a smile, "Well I guess I don't have to feed the dogs today do I?" I agreed.
Packy, my landscape guy came by yesterday and we talked about what we could do to get a yard ready for a wedding. It's gonna cost a lot.
I have been transcribing some of my old journals lately. I've been doing it chronologically, and I was very impressed with my hip language in the 70's. A sample: "At the dance Wesley was jealous of Jim, he kept sending boys over to dance with me, and tried to get Floyd Wilkins to beat up Jim, but he didn’t want to. I hate Wesley now. He really makes me sick. If only he would act like an adult instead of a boob-baby. Barfo, I hate him But I really groove on Jim. Jim called me 9 times this week. I was only home twice though. I really dig that guy." Some of my favorite music I liked and mentioned was "Never My Love" by the Association, "Badge" by Cream, and "Crystal Blue Persuasion" who I can't remember the artist. I wonder if the journal is worth the transcription, but if nothing else it's great entertainment for me.
Yesterday my new software came. It's called Office One Note and I saw it demonstrated at computer genfest and loved it. I hope I can make it work for me the way I dream it will.

4 comments:

Turbo said...

Congratulations on the de-dogging! I can't wait to see the yard, when you guys are finished.

jmccarron said...

Wow, you did have some hip lingo. Funny that you mention One Note- I started using it today at work. Three of us are using it to collaborate on a project, it seems pretty cool so far.

Beth B said...

Yeah, that's actually one of the big selling points of it in an office--easy collaboration.

happyfeet said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I'm glad you found your binder. I can't imagine keeping up with you girl, you are so full of love and energy.