Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sigh

The cutting has begun. First large chunks of Laura's long hair, which she has worked so hard to grow out, are slowly disappearing. Now the jeans. Today we were sorting wash and part of the pants were just totally missing. I am a little worried--I splurged yesterday and bought some new jeans for her, stocking up little by little for her summer camps. Which means no more for a while. My age old challenge--how much is Laura and how much is autism? what amount of scolding is fair? how do I teach some one who is unteachable in some ways, and what are those ways that are unteachable and what are the ways that are teachable? How do i get inside her head and see what she is trying to accomplish and then assist her in that accomplishment? And when did she have time to cut yesterday that I was not with her? We literally spent the complete day together, except for sleep time. Wally wasn't even home until 8:30, so I can't blame him for not keeping a closer eye on her.

No comments: