Sunday, June 1, 2008

June First

Ahh, it's June 1 and I just got a notification that my family newsletter is ready, and I didn't write anything for it. It was sure fun to read, though. We had some cool times at the reunion (literally) and many wrote about that. I have spent the last two hours sitting at the computer and I have visited many sites and read a lot of stuff, but i can't remember why I initially sat down. I was bound and determined to take a nap today, but it's too late now. Saturday at about 7:00 we (Wally and I) got home from the recording. I was well enough that i did Fri. night and Sat. all day. We quickly threw a pizza in the oven, watered the plants, ate the pizza (it was not that good) and then left for Carly Robinson's reception. It was at their home in the back yard (shades of two weeks ago for us) and when we drove into the neighborhood, we could hear the music. Earlier in the day we slipped away from the recording and went to the wedding. It was awesome to see the family, and both parents wept at the ceremony. Today choir went forever as we did the broadcast and then had a special rehearsal afterwards for a fireside coming up next week. As we drove away from downtown, I began singing, "I'm runnin' on--I'm runnin' on, I done left [that] world behind...." We don't go back until our regular rehearsal Thursday nite. Wally came home and took a nap before dinner, then one after. I think he's awake now. Laura had a great week with Morgan, who earned a boatload of money this week hanging with Laura while Wally and I were gone or sick. I guess i really had nothing to say but I wrote anyway.
For about three weeks I have a fairly clear schedule--no big events, just normal stuff. Cool.

1 comment:

jmccarron said...

I think the best blog entries are the ones when we don't really have anything to say. I love it when you write mom's tender monkeys.