Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Making a difference

Somehow, things are working out this summer with Laura. I was pretty panicky at the first of our daily time together, but we have both settled down and are getting into a groove. I know the thing that sets her off is not knowing what to expect or when to expect it, and what sets me off is to have a timed schedule daily, but I am conceding to give us both peace. It's turning out okay, too, because after a while, she wants time alone without me hovering, and that's good for me. It helped a lot that Brenda decided to invite her to do some fun things last week, like rock climbing (yes, she did it and did it well) and swimming at the pool in Crystal Cove. After the swim, Laura came home and changed and then went back and fixed dinner and watched movies with Brenda. That was so cool. Especially considering the fact that Eryn is in Iowa, so Brenda doesn't even have any kid responsibility right now. Now that's a tender mercy. Brenda is the best.

1 comment:

jmccarron said...

Glad to hear you girls are settling in- it's so good to hear that Brenda is giving you a little relief.