Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Times

Well, I wonder if there are some in our "blogging group" who don't blog anymore. And I wonder if anyone has read my last blog and clicked on the link with the special movie. I may just be blogging to myself but here goes.
I heard something at General Conference today that I really liked and wanted to write about. It's such a great way to structure life, I just had to repeat it. Paul (in the New Testament) said What ever things are true, what ever is honest, just, pure, lovely or good report, keep. Anything virtuous or praiseworthy? Think on these things. It's such a good policy to live by. Why would we pursue anything else? Also we must show kindness and respect for people everywhere. Especially kindness and love within our families. Home is where the storm stops at the door. Great saying, huh. I believe the reason these things jumped out at me is because this is what I can really benefit from the most right now, by implementing them into my life. I am grateful for what a good teacher Laura is for me. I am also grateful that Wally and I are married. I love him a whole bunch.
Yesterday I got to hear two of my grandchildren sing "Popcorn Popping" to me--one on the phone (Maya) and one in person (Kelton.) What a treat!! These little people in my life are awesome. Jessie sent some pics of Maya and Sophie and they are changing a lot. I'm glad he sent them so I will recognize Soph next time I see her! I am grateful that Jake and Reagan keep posting Piper's pics, too, so I can see her growth and progress.
Speaking of growth and progress, I landed a job as a researcher at the FHL for a private firm called Ancestor Seekers. They have a group in England and handle a site here remotely. I work very short hours of course. Actually, I set my own hours and there will not be many until after Melinda is married, but they pay me a lot which will help with all the wedding and such. It's exciting to do the research--kind of like solving really complex puzzles.

No comments: