Friday, April 11, 2008

Cherry's back

I have missed my car. It went into the shop Monday and every day I got an update on it, but it still wasn't ready. One day I borrowed the truck. Another day Wally gave me a ride to Trax. On Wednesday i drove Melinda's car--she was here for her surgery, and while she was sleeping I rushed to the grocery store. I have had to plan everything ahead if I wanted to go somewhere. Finally today (Friday) I got a phone call that it was done. I went to pick it up and I paid the bill, etc. and then the nice lady said, "Okay, they will pull your car around front right out there." I stood and waited and watched. When I saw it come around the corner, my heart skipped a beat and I quietly exclaimed to no one, "My Car!" It was all dirty from the most recent rain/snow storm, but I loved her anyway. I hopped in and drove off, stopping at the car wash on my way home. I noticed that the little delay that I sometimes experience when I step on the gas to accelerate after stopping at a light doesn't exist any more. Apparently she has two coils, one was out and when the second one went out, we really noticed. Now she doesn't hesitate a bit--she's really zippy! And cute! And I am happy to have her home!

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Hooray for Audis! It must be such a great feeling to have her back and working. Sometimes I still miss Pepe.