Monday, April 28, 2008


Since Wally wrote the letter on the website about blogging, i have been torn whether or not to continue. That and the time factor. I struggle with my loyalty to support him, or just blog away. I guess I have chosen to blog.
Tuesday the grass is coming. Our backyard will no longer be a wasteland of dirt & clay, but a green oasis. The bark is already in, and it smells heavenly, an aromatic experience to walk outside. It kind of smells like we are in the forest. Packy the landscaper was working pretty late Saturday to get that done, and we ended up inviting him in for Pizza from the Pie. He accepted. We had a houseful, with Melinda's new sister and mother-in-law to be, (Margaret and Susan) and Eddie's Wii party, but it seemed normal. I had just returned from Orem where Wally's sister Marilyn and her girls had just put on a wedding shower for Melinda and also Amber, Joan's daughter, who is getting married in June. Marilyn is one of the most unselfish awesome women I have ever met. She is so willing to do good things. She has much opposition at times, but she just keeps going on if she has a conviction that something should be accomplished. This party was really sweet--even down to the last detail. She dipped strawberries in chocolate, and then embellished them with white chocolate to look like little tuxedoes! I have no clue where she gets her ideas. On the serving table for decorations were little topiary trees made with strawberries, grapes and a third one with broccoli and carrots. It was unbelievable. I took some pictures on my new phone and maybe I can download them. We'll see.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

That sounds like a pretty event filled weekend. We are getting super excited to get back in on some of that action. I'm really excited to see the yard all finished, as well.