Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Imaginary Lovers

That's the name of the tune I am listening to right now, via speakerphone, played by some saxaphone soloist with a kind of a jazzband backup. Actually it's the first recognizable tune so far in the last 14 minutes. I am on hold with the Medicaid office, and waiting, . . .waiting while all representatives are assisting other customers. My patience is appreciated. When I first got on, there were 25 customers in front of me, with an estimated wait time of 47 minutes. That's worse than two days ago when I called, and today, well, let's just say that there is an added urgency to get Laura all signed up with medical benefits. Unless she will stop needed meds in the next 28 days that is, because that is only how much longer we can get her benefits. Actually, that's only how much longer Wally and I have benefits as well, at least until he figures out what his new place of employment is.