Saturday, May 3, 2008

I am Blessed

Today was the final wedding shower (of the three) Melinda has had, and it was really sweet. Extra kudos to Kerry--she was invited to two and came to both!! I have always noticed that about Glen and Kerry. They come to every family event, always supporting and encouraging. We are blessed to have them as part of our family. She told me the medicine the doc gave Glen for his back is working, and I am happy for them. I don't know what they would do if Glen couldn't lay brick. At the shower today, there were many of Melinda's friends from school and dance and the neighborhood, and it was so fun to watch them visit and carry on like they haven't seen each other for months, which, in some cases, they haven't! Most of them are either graduating from high school in a week or two, or else just finished up a semester away at school. They were so cute and excited and happy. This evening Wally went to help on Temple Square and I was just cleaning off the counter when Julie showed up and Eddie came walking up the stairs in his suit. I asked where they were going and the reply was, "To Stake Conference." Wow, i totally spaced it! They invited me to go with and I did a quick change and headed out. We got seats in the chapel (soft) and enjoyed some very nice music and talks. There were some poignant stories shared, and how trust in the Savior has seen many through some pretty incredible trials. My heart was very soft, and I felt much gratitude for the Savior in my life, and also how blessed I have been and am even this very moment.

No comments: